Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Public Speaking

Ok I'm sure no one really reads these blogs anymore seems everyone is into Facebook, so I figure it might be a good spot to write down some things on my mind. The title of this blog is public speaking, don't know about anyone else but the thought of speaking in front of people terrify me, but what do you do when the Stake President calls you into his office and asks if you would speak at Stake Conference not for him but for HIM!!! How could I say no to the Lord, think besides my kids he is the only one I cant say no too. Anyhow my topic is on the blessings I received since I went to the Temple. When he asked me that I answered him truthfully and told him I wasn't quite sure, I figured once I went to the Temple my life would fall into place, you know no more worries perfect children you know all that! Well it has been far from that but I do feel a more peaceful feeling at times and I also know that whatever is thrown at me I can handle because of the gospel. So I have until a week from Saturday to get my thoughts together for my 7 minute talk, oh and President Hadfield seemed to think that telling me I would be speaking in the Adult session would somehow ease my mind. HAHA it would be easier to speak in the Primary session oh wait they don't have one. Oh well like I said I can conquer my fear of speaking in front of a large crowd or at least learn don't answer your phone if you don't recognize the number. :)

3 comments:

susette said...

That is quite an undertaking. I don't envy that assignment at all. I am public speaking challenged myself. I think you will do awesome. You have a very cheerful countenance and will touch many with your message of the temple blessings. Your family has been very blessed in a lot of ways recently it seems.

Natalie Harris said...

I LOVE YOU WOMAN!!!! PLEASE let me know when it is...I WANT TO BE THERE!!!! And i am so with you....we'll eat a whole chocolate cake or something when you are done...the worst part is just GETTING TO THE DAY ---but it will come and it WILL be over...and then EVERYONE in the Stake will want to be your best friend cuz you just can't hide your kind of wonderful!!!
AMEN.

Caroline Shoell said...

Wow that's cool! i'm sure you did an AWESOME job!
I wish i would have been there. At least you didn't do what Ashlee Tanner does when she speaks in church. Take a valeum! I think that kind of cancels out the blessing! She's a weirdo. I think going to the temple is like insurance. You don't see the blessings right away but in the long run when you look back then you definatly will! I know i've been so blessed because of my parents temple attendance. We miss u. Crew and i will come see u. I promise!